Therapy for Anxiety
Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried therapy but found it ineffective?
If this sounds like you, I’m confident I can help. My practice offers the most effective forms of treatment to get relief from the anxiety that plagues you.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective long-term option. That’s because therapy treats more than just symptoms.
Symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness, or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic, or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsession about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
We can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn ways to relax when anxiety is triggered, look at situations in new, less frightening ways, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you suffer from an anxiety disorder, I invite you to contact me today to set up an appointment and begin to find the relief you seek.